Walnut & Spinach Pesto
This recipe is always a winner! And i'm sure those of you who attended my workshop last week will agree it tastes amazing.
The trick is to adapt the recipe to whatever you have at home. I actually don't think I have made the exact same recipe twice! (yes, im one of those annoying people who likes to improvise in the kitchen- drives my husband mental!)
- 1 1/4 cup of spinach leaves (if you can remove the stems)
- 1 cup of basil (optional)
- 1 cup of EVOO (get a good Spanish brand... is the best ;)
- 1 cup of walnuts
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
-1/2 teaspoon of pink salt
- 1 cup of parmesan or vegan hard cheese.
Place all ingredients in a blender. Make sure not to over do it.. it's nicer with a few chunks!!!. Place it in an air tight container in the fridge. It will keep fresh 5-7 days.